At EBS Advisory, we accelerate your climate risk journey through our deep understanding of the implications of the climate emergency and climate economy for the financial sector.
Unlocking Value in Climate Risk Disclosure
Our commitment to our clients is to ensure that you have a firm and proactive grip on all aspects of essential climate-related legislation, policy, and guidelines such as the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD). Our approach is to support you in getting where you need to be — from compliance to shared value creation and industry-leading good practice.
New Challenges: Quantifying and Offsetting Climate Risk
The climate emergency is an urgent global threat that cuts across sectors, industries, society, and the natural environment. As the world strives to meet the challenge of net-zero or net-negative emissions targets by 2050, momentum is growing behind efforts to decarbonise economies, industry, and infrastructure. Achieving these ambitious targets is fundamental to limiting warming of the planet to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by mid-century.
The need for net-zero pledges to evolve into net-zero plans is clear and urgent under the emerging climate economy. Quantifying and offsetting physical, transitional, and reputational climate risk is a new and complex challenge for many financial institutions and companies. Pressure is mounting from clientele, investors, industry regulators, and governments for an adequate and tangible response to the climate emergency. At EBS Advisory we hold a track-record of mitigating climate risk and maximising the opportunities in the shift towards net-zero economies.
- Quantifying company and product carbon footprints
- Implementing policies and procedures
- Governance strategy
- Development of climate scenarios
- Risk management
- Development of metrics and targets
- Integrating investment mandates
- Guiding policies
- Training and capacity development
- Alignment with the UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP) developments
- Product labelling and disclosure
- Conducting market research and customer demand
- Identifying and implementing strategic climate-related opportunities
- Dashboard analytics and ESG trackers
- Alignment with the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment, Carbon Disclosure Project, the European Union Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation, and the Global Reporting Initiative
- Company and product carbon footprinting
- Liability determination
- Future climate projections and downscaling
- Climate hazard assessments
- Carbon credits
- Carbon trading
- Carbon tax
Schedule a Call With Our Climate Specialist
Our team of experts and thought leaders put you ahead of the curve to make the most of the opportunities of climate-readiness and resilience while minimising and mitigating climate-related risk to your assets.
Your Climate Action Team
Kristian has worked as a consultant in the water resource management, waste, renewable energy, and mining sectors - both locally and abroad, and is registered as a candidate Environmental Assessment Practitioner (EAP) with the Environmental Assessment Practitioners Association of South Africa.
and private sector space. Brenna-Leigh has also worked on an aquaculture project in Namibia and assisted on agricultural related
projects in Lesotho. Brenna-Leigh has worked with and gained detailed knowledge of the three government spheres in South Africa
and the policy environment that applies to sustainable socio-economic growth and development, relating to agriculture, the natural
environment and climate change.